Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tissue Paper Flowers

     For Mother's Day my son gave me the cutest flower. A tissue paper flower just like the ones from the amusement parks we used to visit when I was just a kid. I was so tickled that I put it right into the painted flower vase he made me the year before. I thought what a nice Spring time project to post on my blog. So grab the few supplies below and create your own bouquet for a special person in your life or just for you.

Supplies:

Various colored pieces of tissue paper
Pipe cleaners
Scissors


Step 1:  Cut your pieces of tissue paper about 6" by 10-12"  rectangles. The size can be varied based on how large you want your blooms.

Step 2: Pick and chose various colors that you want and lay them on top of each other evenly. Use about 3 to 4 pieces. Don't be afraid to use various colors. They don't have to match or you can make them all one color. Be creative.

Step 3: Once the colors are piles together in the rectangle shape fold the paper accordion style  like you were making  fan. Please no need to be precise a few random folds that are not creased is just fine.

Step 4: After the folds are made pinch the tissue paper in the center and tie a pipe cleaner around the center being sure to leave enough pipe cleaner for the stem.

Step 5: Then fan out your tissue paper by gently pulling each layer of tissue paper away from each other making the bloom of your flower puff out.


 There you have it, a nostalgic tissue paper flower that will last a long time. My kids and I made a whole bouquet of these and put them in my sons painted vase and it created this fluffy cotton candy cloud bouquet that I proudly display in my kitchen. These are the perfect gift for anyone who may have allergies to real flowers and so easy that you will want to make them to even use as a finishing touch to a wrapped gift. These tissue paper flowers have endless possibilities. So hop to it and Hoppy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment